Let Us Lead The Way
TO BETTER HEALTH CARE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Quick Facts and Science
- A recent study proved that Chiropractic adjustments increase immune cell counts 48% in AIDS patients. (Chiropractic Research Journal, 1994; 3(1)) Another study by Ronald Pero, Ph.D. Chief of cancer prevention at NY Med. Institute found that “Chiropractic patients had a 200% greater immuno-competance than non-chiropractic patients.” Simply put, Chiropractic patients have a more effective immune system!!!
- 180,000 deaths result each year as the result of iatrogenic injury (Drug side effects and medical negligence.) That is the equivalent of 3 jumbo jet crashes every 2 days! You would hear about that in the papers.( Lucien Leape M.D., Harvard, J. Amer. Med. Assoc. Dec.1994)
- A new study of 332 children showed that Chiropractic care is the most effective treatment for EAR INFECTIONS. The study showed that children with histories of chronic ear infections under chiropractic care for 6 months had No More Infections in 80% of the cases. Chiropractic adjustments help the ear to properly drain and stimulate the immune system. With the cold and flu season coming, isn’t it time to get the kids checked for subluxations to prevent ear infections from occurring? ( JCCP, Vol. 2, No. 2 1997)
- ARLINGTON, Va., July 23/ PR Newswire.– Senior citizens who receive Chiropractic care reported better overall health, fewer symptomatic chronic conditions, less days in hospitals and nursing homes and more mobility than elderly non-chiropractic patients, according to a new study conducted by the prestigious RAND Corp.
- The Dean of the University of Arizona Pharmacy reported that $73 BILLION is spent on drugs every year. Another study proved that over $76 BILLION was spent on dealing with the side effects of those drugs. (Arch. Intern. Med. 1995;155). That’s $3 BILLION more spent on side effects than the drugs in the first place!!!! Better health through better chemistry has FAILED miserably!
- Tylenol use kills more people per year than cocaine! (Forbes Magazine, Jan. 1998) Also reported: Relatively small overdoses of acetaminophen, Tylenol’s active ingredient, have been blamed for liver damage and even Deaths in children. Consumers were not told that giving a child as little as TWICE the proper dose over a period of time could destroy their lives. (Associated Press).
- A study on the effects of PMS and Menstrual Problems concluded that Chiropractic care is an effective and safe non pharmacological alternative for relieving the pain and distress of primary dysmenorrhea. (JMPT 1992; 15(5):279)
- In 1997 there were 629 million visits to alternative care providers in the U.S. exceeding all visits to primary care physicians! The money spent on this alternative care was $21.2 Billion, in which $12.1 Billion was paid out of pocket! Exceeding all out of pocket payments for all us primary physician services combined! When people have to spend their hard earned money they choose Alternative care. (D.Eisenburg, JAMA, Nov. 11, 1998)
- Studies show a spine with optimum alignment is up to 16 times stronger than a subluxated spine.
- Loss of the healthy cervical (neck) curve stretches the spinal cord 5-7 cm and causes serious nerve interference.
- The possible signals jumping across the synapses of the brain exceeds the number of atoms in the known universe.
- Studies show that only 10% of our nervous system perceives pain. The other 90% is for function, which is measured with an Insight scan.
- Subluxations causing nerve pressure equivalent to the weight of a dime on your hand reduce the nerve impulses by 60%.
- One cubic inch of brain cortex contains over 10,000 miles of connecting tissue.
- Your arteries and veins would stretch out over 12,000 miles if the we laid out in a straight line.
- Chiropractic has been shown to boost immunity by an average of 200% for patients in wellness care.
- The word “chiropractic” means “done by hand.”
- Chiropractic was discovered by D.D. Palmer in 1895.
- Chiropractors are the only health care professionals that specialize in finding and correcting subluxations.
- The chiropractic adjustment is a gentle and specific force designed to correct subluxations.
- There are three phases of chiropractic care: 1)Initial Intensive Care, 2) Corrective Care, 3) Wellness Care.
- For all disease the central nervous system plays a major role in the healing process.
- Subluxation robs the body’s ability to focus think, organize and heal.
- Health is more than the absence of illness; health is a state of optimum physical, mental and social well-being.